Sunday 12 December 2010

Sunday night at the Palladium

Well, not really. But it is Sunday night. I'm exhausted after a weekend of hosting wonderful guests from London. Not only were they fun for us adults to have around; they gave Gaia, Hedda and Titus lots of attention too. T was so upset when they left that he cried for half an hour.

He perked up when I reminded him that tomorrow is 'Waldtag'. In essence, this means that his little kindergarten group tramp off to a local wood for a couple of hours to romp around and get really messy, dirty and wet. Each time they do this, one lucky mother gets the chance to go along for the ride, and guess whose turn it is tomorrow? Yep - they collared me last week and I couldn't think of a good excuse quickly enough. T is delighted, which is the sole reason for me half looking forward to going. He has already assured me that I don't have to do much - "you're just there to chat to the teacher Mummy" - cool, so I get to practise my German, too. By this time tomorrow I will be a better person. I'll have done my good deed, and won't have to go again until March 2011 at the earliest!

No comments:

Post a Comment