Thursday 23 December 2010

Föhn comes before a snowfall

The Föhn (remember the hairdryer??) weather has induced a big thaw here in Bovinia, but we've been assured by all the media available to us that we will get a white Christmas. If not I'm going to ask for my money back. What's the point of living somewhere like this if you can't awake to a snowscape on Christmas morn???

Meanwhile excitement levels are mounting here in our household. Even Max is behaving a bit strangely (even more than normal). This could, however, be due to the fact that last night, purely for my own amusement, I let one of his 'friends' into the living room where Max, enthroned on the red sofa, recoiled in horror and promptly hid. Phyllis, the black cat from next door, disappeared under the Christmas tree and I had to drag him out (I was worried he would pee on CG's presents, which are already wrapped and on display, just to show how amazingly organised I am this year).

Gaia, Hedda and Titus are at school/kindergarten for a token two hours this morning, so CG and I are off for one of our romantic dates to Aldi. Always a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment