Monday 11 April 2011

The Madding Crowd

I had a terrible dream last night.  Somehow, the link to my blog had ended up on the website of a local museum, and I was getting loads of hits, but before the day was out my anonymous status was a thing of the past and the village was launching a hate campaign.  Picture a band of angry peasants, a scene from a Middle Ages film, all brandishing pitchforks and flaming torches.   Led by the NNs and the Hairy Postman, they chased me all over Bovinia with cries of 'drown her' and 'off with her head'.  My crime? Defiling the good name of their village and ridiculing the Bavarian way of life.  Needless to say, I woke up in a cold sweat.

This is no joke - I truly did dream all of that, and I've been wondering why.  Not normally given to dream analysis, I struggle to make anything of this.  The furious medieval crowd bit is easy - straight from watching 'The Black Death' with CG a couple of weeks back (I couldn't watch it all, I have to confess).  I think the overriding emotion behind this nightmare is guilt.  Yes, that old chestnut.  The fact is, it is much easier to make satirical remarks about things and people you don't know.  Plus, the more objective one is, the more pertinent the observations tend to be.  Obviously, the new-girl-in-village label is wearing thin and I am beginning to fit in, as much as I ever can.  So where to now?

I turn to you, dear RH readers, for advice.  What would you like to read?  More of the same, or shall I diversify?  Both are possible.  Alternatively, the RH could hang up her apron and re-emerge in another guise.

2 comments:

  1. More of the same AND diversify! (Is that a contradiction?) I love hearing the details of your daily life, because it makes it seem like we aren't so far apart! (And I get little doses of your humor, which I miss very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the humungo dose of humour! Please continue on with the same, but feel free to diversify if you so desire. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete