Friday 1 April 2011

Humble pie

I'm eating humble pie - again.  If you've been following this blog from the beginning, you'll know that I didn't dare go to my neighbour, Hanni the hairdresser.  Her house always looked so threatening.  And I was scared that if she gave me a bad cut, I'd be obliged to keep going to her just to avoid bad feeling in the street.  Well, I have just made an appointment for next Wednesday.  (Only for a trim, mind you - I'm not that brave.)  Hanni was friendliness personified.  She had an old guy sitting in the chair and he joined in the general banter, of which I understood nothing, but I'm coming to realise I don't need to understand it, most of the time.

You may wonder why I changed my mind.  It's like this: more and more, I've been hearing that Hanni's a dab hand with the scissors and why don't I go there.  And she lives two minutes from my door.  I confess I didn't go alone - one of my Bavarian mates came with me to hold my hand.  So we'll see.  If she messes up, I'll take all of this right back!

Oh - I nearly forgot.  It's April Fool's Day.  Having failed magnificently to 'get' CG, who like Gaia was on red alert, I was reduced to hiding under the dining table and grabbing Titus' feet.  It was all a bit half-hearted, admittedly.  Maybe it's my age, but I simply don't feel in the mood for high jinks at six thirty in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment