Sunday 17 April 2011

Beating a retreat

That's what we shall be doing tomorrow.  We were to have gone today, but a minor car accident has meant we delay our departure, awaiting the trusty pick-up truck.  Nobody was hurt; only the gatepost sustained severe injury, not to mention the car, of course, which is sitting in the drive looking very sorry for itself.

The retreat means my entries shall be somewhat sporadic over the next week.  You never know though; it might be such a blast that I'll be blogging even more than usual, though I'll have to be careful as I know some of the participants read the RH regularly.

It won't be strange to leave Bovinia, as we're only going to be an hour away.  I do hope that the cows will be out grazing by the time we get back.  I must go now.  We had just been listening to Max the loopy cat walking up and down the piano keys - it actually sounded quite melodious from two rooms away - when the dumb animal jumped up on to the lid and in so doing smashed a glass candle holder into smithereens. Of us all, he's the one who most needs a retreat, but sadly he'll be in the capable hands of Frau NN till we return.  We're secretly hoping he'll decide to move in there.  I can see it now - his little ginger face peeking plaintively out from the orchids on their windowsill.

So until our next meeting, goodbye and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment