Tuesday 14 December 2010

Drab Day

Gaia caught up with Titus and me on our sledgy way home from kindergarten today. She eyed my morose trudging through icy slush and asked me whether I was having a drab day. Talk about hitting the nail on the head. Yes, apart from lots of snow-shovelling, 4 loads of washing and a trip to the supermarket, nothing much has happened in Bovinia, at least not that I am aware of. I did order a turkey (of sorts) at the scary butcher's counter, and I managed to find some crackers online. And some Mr Kipling apple pies. Call me sad, but there is no way I am going to make Christmas pudding for a bunch of people who I know for a fact won't touch it with a bargepole. Even though it's traditional and all.

The high point was a run this morning, sometimes in snow so deep that I couldn't do my high knees-up jumping thing I've had to develop lately. It was more like wading. Surely that does something for the glutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment