Monday 13 December 2010

Feedback

You know what - I actually had fun in the wood this morning. It's always like that, isn't it? When you are dreading something, it normally turns out better than you think. I travelled back in time 25 years as I romped and jumped in a foot of fresh snow and hid behind tree trunks from eagle-eyed kids. The kindergarten teacher was nearly fun to chat with. I mean that she is nice, but it was still a bit stilted. A lot of that, though, can be attributed to my perfectionist approach to speaking foreign languages. I hate making mistakes; therefore, the more time I get to plan my sentences, the more time I take. So the pauses in an already slow-moving conversation get longer and longer, until I am practically delivering a monologue by the time I next open my mouth. (I hope you can understand this. I am struggling to, and I wrote it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment