Friday 10 December 2010

Pointless ploughing

You know it is the law here in this good country that driveways and pavements are kept clear of snow. I have been hiding in the house this morning, because the neighbours - that is to say the ones who seemingly have nothing better to do - are out there having a snow shovelling contest. Not against each other, as you may think, but against the snow itself, which is coming down by the ton, rendering any ploughed surface virgin white again after a few minutes. I know - I know - I should be out there too, at least to keep the level manageable, otherwise I'll have to dig myself out of the door later when I go to fetch Titus from kindergarten. But I just can't face it. It is gross to tell you this, but I have to share it with someone - Max the cat has got the runs and has just emptied his bowels onto three different carpets. I nearly vomited on the spot. Having cleaned it all up, and gone back to stuffing aubergines (with a filling that sadly resembles Max's emissions; not sure I'll actually be able to eat it later) I am resolutely staying in until I absolutely have to brave the elements. Max is in disgrace and is sitting, plaintively miaowing, on the patio. None of his cat friends appear to be around. I'll think about letting him in again later. UGH! And this is after we installed a luxury cat toilet for him in the utility room.

No comments:

Post a Comment