Saturday 18 December 2010

I finally got him!!!!!

For the last eleven years or so, I've been waiting for my chance to 'get' CG. Having always been fond of practical jokes (it must be in my jeans), I like to try a few old favourites every now and again - you know, jumping out on someone from behind a door, or hiding one of their possessions, or .... the list goes on. Well, up until a couple of days ago, CG was always the most unsatisfactory target. Many a time I've lurked in a dark hallway only for him to say, what are you doing there - shall I put the light on? Or, is there any reason why you put my slippers in the microwave? Awful. I had more or less given up. BUT - the other evening, he had been away in Berlin, as I told you. We were chatting away about his trip and he popped out to go to the bathroom. I seized my chance and hid under the dining table. When he came back in, I watched in glee as he ummed and aahhed and sniffed and wondered where I'd got to. Best of all, he even spoke to Max (I thought he only did that when he knew I was listening). I reached out and grabbed his knee and - fantastic - he leapt into the air with fright. Cue hysterical giggling from me and a victory squeal. Finally! I'd caught him out. With quite bad grace, actually, he stomped out of the room, but I found him chuckling to himself in the study (he stopped when I came in). I've since been on red alert as, knowing him as I do, he'll been keen to exact revenge. I'll let you know when he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment