Tuesday 30 November 2010

Back to Bavaria

I was safely delivered back to Bavaria yesterday, thanks to my bro and his smart new car, BmiBaby and Deutsche Bahn. Not much had changed in my absence apart from the lighting of the first advent candle and about 2 feet of snow falling. Herr NN was awfully kind and offered to use his snow-blaster machine to clear our drive. Not only that - he said he'd do it every day! This will save at least half an hour of shovelling for me. Yippee!

Titus was disgusted as I forced him to walk to kindergarten this morning, citing saving polar bears as my motivation for not driving. Usually this works - he has been known to go round the house turning lights off - but today his habitual concern for the fluffy white seal-eaters was sadly lacking. To his six-year-old mind, if it is snowing here, then it must be in the Arctic too, so there is no immediate danger of pack ice melting. It is hard to explain the bigger picture to someone who can only see the small one.

So it's back to the housework after a couple of days off. I'm on my second load of washing, I've microwaved a Hokkaido pumpkin (makes them easier to peel), and I'm dithering whether to clean the toilet upstairs or polish the piano. Whittering to you on my blog is just pure procastination, something I am extremely good at. Maybe I could polish the toilet and clean the piano, just to spice things up a bit. It is advent, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment