Tuesday 2 November 2010

Have you heard of Franz Marc?

No, neither had I until I moved here, but he would appear to be quite a famous artist and there's even a little Franz Marc (nickname: The Blue Rider) Museum in Kochel, just down the road.

Anyway, it is half term and the museum is offering little arty workshops. I deposited Gaia and Hedda there this morning amidst great scepticism (on their part, not mine). Much to my relief, they were not the only participants. As soon as the nice artist teacher lady arrived I beat a hasty retreat, despite the kind offer for parents to hang around and watch. Two and a half hours later, I picked them up, Titus in tow. Both girls had produced veritable masterpieces. I was entranced. My daughters are artistic prodigies! And they had been interviewed for a local radio station.

Today is one of those grey, stuck-under-the-cloud-blanket days. The only highlights this afternoon: sharpening a stick for Titus to spear 'animals' with in the garden, and trying to get Hedda to learn her 7, 8, 9 and 12 times-tables. Am going to need another two cups of coffee to get me through to that magic hour, 5 pm. Nothing really happens then, but the evening (and respite from maternal duty) no longer seems so far away. Oh, I forgot - I've got some bedclothes to iron too.

No comments:

Post a Comment