Wednesday 3 November 2010

Laundry day at the NNs

As we are still enjoying this (now extended) burst of unseasonal good weather, many of the jolly burghers of our village are putting their washing outside to dry again. But noone, and I mean noone, had as much laundry airing in public as the NNs. I think they must have borrowed some clothes to wash, as they surely don't possess that many themselves (I know I don't, and that's saying something). Just to show community spirit, I put one duvet cover out to dry, which I now regret as it stinks of cow manure, the smell pervading the air around here this week. Two days ago, I embraced my husband after having bathed, body-lotioned, perfumed and dressed attractively. He nuzzled my neck and took a deep, deep breath. "Aaaaah....." he said. "You smell of.... cow poo." What an erotic start to the evening!

Meanwhile the children and I listened to Bayern 1 today to hear the interview from the painting workshop at the museum. Horror of horrors - Gaia's clip was in there (no name mentioned, much to her relief) but Hedda's contribution had been edited out! I am still trying to console her.

No comments:

Post a Comment