Wednesday 24 November 2010

Miss Hannigan

Do you remember the dastardly Miss Hannigan from Annie? Titus and I conducted a thorough character analysis of her over vegetable soup this lunchtime. It was important that we cleared up a few points, mostly why she was allowed to be at the big party at the end of the film in spite of her dreadful treatment of the orphans. (In case you are wondering, it is because she tried to rescue Annie from the clutches of her evil brother, Rooster, aka Tim Curry).

The good thing about six-year-olds is that they are - most of the time - satisfied by adult explanations, however silly and far-fetched they might be. Titus' acceptance of mine regarding Miss H's fate practically puts me up there with the script-writing team. Knowing as I do how this state of childhood innocence rarely lasts past the age of ten, I find his trust in my knowledge quite a boost to my ego. In fact I revel in it. Not many people are seeking my opinion these days, but that is normal when you are the new girl in town, or should I say village. I am sure by this time next year people will be knocking on my door ten to the dozen, asking for recipes, anecdotes from the Sceptred Isle, or simply for sage advice, ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment