Tuesday 8 March 2011

There's more to life than cows and mountains

Just a mini-bloggette from the lovely Lüneburger Heide. Went out for a run with my dog-in-law, Meischa. I can't believe I used to find this area dull. Even though there are no mountains, there are other wondrous things, such as wild animals (sheep, deer, pigs), frozen woodland ponds, ramshackle half-timbered buildings with roofs down to the ground. I suppose it is the beauty of contrast, too. Apart from my two brief sojourns to Blighty and the Big Apple, I've been cooped up, if that expression can be applied to such a spacious environment, down in Bovinia for half a year. It is good to get away and realise that there is more to Germany than beer, white sausage and skiing. And I actually understand all the people here, too.

About to take my relatives out to a slap-up lunch at Burger King (don't tell me I'm not classy), so had better go and get my glad-rags on.

No comments:

Post a Comment