Tuesday 15 March 2011

Cell-U-Like

Somebody - I can't say who for fear of retribution, but it's a German male who plays a prominent role in my life - told me a really lame joke last night. It goes like this.

Q. Why don't men have cellulite?
A. Because it looks so awful!

Cue lots of guffawing.

Well, that very same person happened to reveal to me that he recently discovered some cellulite on a certain part of his body. He only revealed the fact, not the body part, but I'll take his word for it. I was quick to comfort him, however, and perhaps you will also find my words reassuring. Even small babies have cellulite. Titus, at the age of 3 months, had such chunky little thighs. All I had to do was grab a bit of flesh and squeeze it gently to produce a dimpled effect that would reduce most grown women to tears. And, while I'm on the subject, I can tell you that he even had blackheads.

So you see, these things can be with us from birth; faithful friends who accompany us through life, rather than sudden and ominous signs of the ageing process. Seeing them in this light is so much more positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment