Monday 28 March 2011

Tanfastic bargain

Sucker that I am for the empty promises of the cosmetic industry, I snapped up a tube of anti-ageing cream last week at Aldi.  This magic potion claims to reduce those brown spots you get on your face and generally improve your complexion.  I lathered it on religiously for three days.  On inspection yesterday morning, I do declare my face looked healthier.... you know why?  My skin was a light, just-got-back-from-three-days-in-Mallorca brown.  Ha!  Of course it reduces pigmentation.  Even I, the least scientific brain in the world, could have dreamed this one up.  It is simply a common or garden moisturiser with a bit of self-tanning lotion thrown in. The only good thing is, I didn't feel in any way swindled.  The cream was in the bargain-basement section, and at Aldi that means dirt cheap.  It cost even less than my two punnets of Polish mushrooms, and that's saying something.

No comments:

Post a Comment