Monday 14 March 2011

Gaia of Sherwood

Gaia bounced into the study yesterday with great purpose and stated her dire need to go to a hairdresser. You know how it is - once you've decided you need a cut and blow, the whole situation becomes intolerable, although you may have put up with split ends and tangled tresses for months already. So I asked her what she wanted to have done. The length is fine, she thinks, nice and wavy... yes... so what then? Well Ma, she said. The problem is, I feel like Robin Hood, or an early English king!! I considered for a moment. You mean a sort of Richard the Lionheart figure, I said, and all you need to top off the look is a narrow crown with those regular zig-zags going on? Exactly, she said, and we both fell about laughing. I was still laughing hours later - she'd hit the nail on the head, so to speak, with such creative accuracy that I could only agree with her.

She won't dare go to our neighbour Hanni (as in Hanni's Haarstudio, one of our local industries) - can't say I blame her - so I think I'll take her to the sniffing man who 'does' Titus' hair. A bit of body and a few layers; even he won't get that wrong, surely?

No comments:

Post a Comment