Monday 18 October 2010

Monday Blues

OK, OK, I admit it. I was a bit harsh on CG in my last post. He really did us proud and got so many things sorted out. It rained the whole day anyway, so I amused myself by making aeroplanes (fighter jets, actually) out of cardboard boxes with Hedda and Titus. The addition of cakeforks made the planes particularly menacing.

There was no frantic shirt-ironing, no, all was calm, and he left this morning at 0400 on the dot.

After two more hours of sleep, I got up to face the rainy Bavarian morning. Went off to yoga in the Trachtenheim, where I positioned myself under the stuffed owls as per last week. They have a kindly look about them, which is admirable given the sticky end to which they came. I lay back and let Helga's soothing, dulcet tones wash over me. One of the old guys nodded off. There were three new women, one of them with really crunching hip joints. But it's better than farting.

Now I'm about to go and fetch Titus from kindergarten. Much to his disgust, his group were planning to walk back from a trip to the local museum, having been bussed up there. Titus hates walking. He shall doubtless need lots of placating on the way home in the warm car.

No comments:

Post a Comment