Sunday 10 October 2010

10/10/10

This is a memorable date - I read on FB that it only occurs every 1000 years (which seems obvious, in retrospect). So in spite of a day devoid of any interest whatsoever, I am posting. It's Sunday evening and I'm trying to choose whether to unload the dishwasher or clear out a cupboard in the cellar first. Writing this is just a way to procrastinate.

The best thing that happened today was the sun coming out, finally seeing the mountains again, and going for a walk along a dry riverbed with CG and Titus, who was thrilled when I found a stone with half an ammonite clearly evident. Conversation topics ranged from the different tones of cowbell ringing out across the meadows, why the ducks rejected our bread, why coots are called coots and why were we actually walking, when we could have taken the car. If I hadn't been on my feet, I'd have fallen asleep. Except the cowbells were so damn noisy.

I've decided to tackle the cupboard first. Tomorrow, at 0830 sharp, I'm starting a Hatha yoga course here in the village. Last time I tried a yoga class in Germany, I was put off by the lady next to me farting all the time. I hope the people tomorrow are more... genteel. Will report back!

No comments:

Post a Comment