Wednesday 20 October 2010

Dull as ditchwater

There are days when you wake up in the morning and think - no thanks, I'll skip today, cheers anyway. Like today, Wednesday 20th October.... guess what I am doing? Waiting for the telephone man to arrive (anytime between 0800 and 1600, according to the letter I got, which probably means he'll come at 1555). If that weren't boring enough, I have to clean the entire basement, which I've been putting off for weeks, but can't any more because my father is coming to stay in two days and needs somewhere to rest his weary head.

It is true, I admit, that for a blog I originally started about housework, I don't actually write much about this thrilling topic. Every day I think of little gems of wisdom that I could share with you, but then something more interesting occurs to me and I write that instead. Today, however, is World Boring Day, so I am going to tell you something that drives me mad.

Have you ever tried peeling potatoes that are far too small to be peeled? They are not new potatoes and the skin looks pretty skanky so you've no choice but to peel them. If you live out in the sticks like me, it's not an option to get some more, so you decide to persevere with those you have. It is such a thankless task. Try it sometime - you will see what I mean. Oh, and another thing. I hate, hate, hate getting the hair and gunk out of plugholes.

Anyway, enough of that. I've been preoccupied since waking with the thought of how to get a photo of the Hairy Postman. I can't really get a clandestine one - it would be too embarrassing if I got caught. I'm thinking I could ask him to pose for me, saying that I am putting together an album of my new life in Bavaria. But if I then post that photo on the WWW, am I breaking the law? Surely it's ok if I don't tag him??

There is no rush to find an answer as he is clearly having a week off, not only one day. Maybe I'll catch him later when I go to the village postbox again. He clearly likes it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment