Wednesday 13 October 2010

The loneliness of the middle-distance runner

Having survived the dentist yesterday, I am due a long run today. That is to say, at least 15 km, since I have decided I need to do 50 km a week. It is one of those days where I really have to force myself out there - about 4 degrees, fog (just for a change), no wind, no .... anything at all. I am sitting here in my running clothes, procrastinating as usual. OK, I have to go. But first, a teensy anecdote I keep meaning to tell you about...

Get this - in the next village, the hotel is called "Gasthof Killer", which is bad enough in itself, but it is located RIGHT NEXT TO THE GRAVEYARD. Who would wish to spend the night there?? (NB: I have to give credit to Gaia for this observation.)

Now I am going.

No comments:

Post a Comment