Sunday 17 October 2010

CG is off on his travels

CG is off to Macedonia tomorrow. As usual, he is spending the day before a trip in a flurry of DIY activity, and as we are still not shipshape here, there are plenty of things for him to choose from. Whatever task he chooses, however, is guaranteed to be long, arduous, annoying (because there will be one tiny part/screw/nut/bolt that he can't find which is essential to the whole operation) and will render him in a terrible mood. I can already visualise the familiar scene this evening as he stomps around the bedroom complaining that he's been too busy to pack. This is usually topped off with furious shirt-ironing close to midnight. You might wonder why I don't ask him now, early afternoon, if there are some things I could iron/pack for him. Quite simply, we've been together long enough for me to know that it would be counter-productive. It would be like poking a hungry bear with a sharp stick. So I remain in the shadows, offer no comments or suggestions, and smile sweetly whenever we pass in the hall. And, when the task is finally completed and he asks for my opinion, I will say that it is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment