Tuesday 2 August 2011

This and that - mostly that

Day Two of new job successfully completed.  Am devoid of humour, being completely exhausted from smiling and trying to fit in to the company image.  Livened up what was left of the afternoon by feeding the neighbours' goldfish to their cats.  Sorry, I mean and their cats.

Yesterday evening I took Gaia to the airport for her flight to Poland.  She has been paid a thousand euros by the Polish Tourist Board to go there, hold out for two weeks on a campsite at the Polish Riviera and come back raving about how wonderful everything is.  Hopefully the idea will catch on and Poland will become THE holiday destination of the future.  I jest, of course.  True, she has gone to Poland, with some misgivings, but the first SMS was extremely positive in tone - off to the beach following tasty breakfast.  As for what she'll get up to in the evenings, I have no clue, nor do I want one.  Definitely a case of what the eye doesn't see, the heart doesn't grieve after.

I was about to tell you about our planned trip to Croatia, but I fear Titus has just been kidnapped by a local farmer, so must dash.  Said farmer likes to drive around with children in his tractor cabin.  Sounds harmless enough, but I'll take a look just in case...

No comments:

Post a Comment