Tuesday 15 February 2011

Saint Val aftermath

Aaahhh... the card was worth waiting for - cute wobbly writing from doing it in the car but who cares; it's the thought that counts! In case you are feeling sorry for CG, please stop - I decided against the dog food and made him a cherry cheesecake instead. And I got a beautiful bouquet. So all is well and we can relax for another 364 days.

Am torn between really wanting to go swimming, but then I'll be confronted by the nudes in the showers, and staying here in the warm (fully clothed) and eating an omelette. My stomach is pushing me to the latter, my conscience to the former. Have got to overcome this British prudishness if I am going to survive here for any length of time, for what will I do in the summer, when nude lake-bathing overtakes nordic walking as the favoured pastime? And while I'm on the subject, why is it always the wrinkled, withered, slack-bellied (and other assorted body parts) people who throw caution and their undergarments to the wind and parade around unselfconsciously? Nobody would mind too much if young, nubile people did it, but mostly, I'm sorry to say, it's the older generation who put themselves on display. Perhaps they are beyond caring.

1 comment:

  1. looking forward to staying in the summer even more now ! x

    ReplyDelete