Tuesday 11 January 2011

An extra shower

I wonder if this has ever happened to you. This morning I forced myself out for a run in the dank mist, the first time in 6 days. On returning I jumped into a hot shower and put on clean clothes (as is customary in such situations). It struck me then that the bathroom was looking a bit dirty, so I grabbed my bottle of Mr Muscle and a pink sponge cloth and started wiping down surfaces. The shower was the worst of all; in fact, I had to stand inside it to clean the metal bits properly. And guess what happened? I scrubbed too hard and in doing so unleashed 50 litres of cold water - at least that's what it felt like - all over my newly dried and dressed self. Spluttering expletives, I squelched away to get another set of clothes. It was a high price to pay to have the shower clean again. Only Max the cat was around to witness my apoplexy, and he just gave me one of his disparaging 'if you ain't offering food I don't give a damn' looks. Pah.

No comments:

Post a Comment