Friday 7 January 2011

Every cloud has a silver lining

... or so they say. I do apologise for my positively suicidally gloomy post yesterday. I hope you were able to function normally after reading it. It's ok for me - I let off steam on here, feel immediately unburdened, chuckle to myself as I click on 'publish' and go to have a cup of coffee. True, yesterday was rather grey and uneventful (apart from consigning our Christmas tree to the compost heap), but the flip side of it all was that I didn't leave the house once, not even to put something in the bins or throw crumbs on the lawn or feel if it was raining/snowing/sleeting. I stayed inside the whole day, reading an amazing book*, which I have now finished. Of course I leaped up to do bits of housework in between. CG is still on holiday though, so I have been lazy over the last two weeks. Am going to get a dreadful shock when he goes back to work on Monday! Who is going to make me cups of tea and load the washing machine and tell me to put my feet up??

*The Kindest Thing, by Cath Staincliffe. Finished Jilly Cooper the day before yesterday - finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment